Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Troy Davis


The story of Troy Davis was a very controversial one. Official in Georgia executed the death row inmate on Wednesday, pronouncing him dead at 11:08 p.m. Davis, 42, was accused of murdering a police officer in 1989. He was convicted of the murdering Officer Mark MacPhail in 1991. Since his arrest, Davis has repeatedly said he was an innocent man. Davis told the officer's family while on his death bed that he was "sorry for your loss, but I did not personally kill your son, father and brother. I am innocent," witnesses reported him saying.He also stated that,"The incident that night was not my fault, I did not have a gun," Davis said to all who gathered for the execution. Davis also urged people to "continue to fight and look deeper into this case so you can really can finally see the truth.""For those about to take my life, may God have mercy on your souls. May God bless your souls," Davis told prison staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment